Let’s Talk LA – 2020
Workshop at the 10th International Analytics & Knowledge Conference
Location: IG Farben Building, University Frankfurt.
Date: March 23-24, 2020
Regardless the proliferation of Learning Analytics (LA) initiatives over the past years, their adoption in Higher Education institutions remains immature. In this interactive workshop, we invite researchers, practitioners and policy makers to discuss about what are the main challenges for the adoption of LA initiatives at institutional level. Using a set of instruments developed as part of the European Erasmus + Project LALA, participants will engage with the current state of LA in different Higher Education institutions, the main challenges they are facing, and key actions taken or to be taken to address these challenges. The inputs from the participants will be turned into a manifesto for the institutional adoption of LA in higher education.
The half-day workshop will be shaped as follows:
- 09:00 am – 09:15 am: Welcoming and introducing workshop objectives and activities.
- 09:15 am – 10:00 am: Discussing the current state of LA adoption in different higher education institutions by using the LALA Canvas.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 pm: Coffee Break (30 minutes)
- 11:00 pm – 11:30 pm: Identifying commonalities and differences among higher education institutions in terms of LA adoption by using the LALA Map.
- 11:30 pm – 12:15 pm: Writing a manifesto about what workshop participants expect to achieve in terms of LA adoption in their institutions.
- 12:15 pm – 12:30 pm: Wrapping up.
- Isabel Hilliger, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
- Yi-Shan Tsai, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
- Pedro J. Muñoz-Merino, Universidad Carlos III, Spain.
- Mar Pérez-Sanagustín, Université Paul Sabatier Toulouse III, France.
- Valeria Henríquez, Universidad Austral de Chile, Chile.
- Julio Guerra, Universidad Austral de Chile, Chile.
- Margarita Ortíz, Escuela Politécnica del Litoral, Ecuador.
- Miguel Ángel Zuñiga, Universidad de Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Tom Broos, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Tinne De Laet, KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Dragan Gašević, Monash University, Australia.
- Rafael Ferreira, Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco (UFRPE), Brazil.