Adoption, Adaptation and Pilots of Learning Analytics for Latin American Higher Education Institutions
Workshop at the 10th International Analytics & Knowledge Conference
Location: Farben Building, University Frankfurt.
Date: Marzo 23-24, 2020
Learning analytics research and practice in Latin America are currently under-representative in the LAK community. This workshop aims to address this gap. The workshop will disseminate the results of a European Union funded project—LALA (Building Capacity to Use Learning Analytics to Improve Higher Education in Latin America) and other works of learning analytics in the Latin American region through an open call for papers. The main objectives are to better understand the level of development of learning analytics in Latin America, present a framework to assist with the adoption of learning analytics, exchange experience of learning analytics tool adaptation and evaluation and develop a support network.
Call for Papers
The workshop has an Open Call for Papers. Full papers (8-10 pages) are expected. Papers that address any aspect of learning analytics in Latin America are welcomed, including among others:
- Reviews of the state of the art of learning analytics in Latin America.
- Adoption of learning analytics in Higher Education Institutions in Latin America.
- Adaptation of learning analytics tools for Latin American institutions.
- Experiences and evaluation of learning analytics in Latin America.
Submissions must follow LNCS format. The manuscripts will be evaluated by at least two members of the Program Committee. All accepted papers will be invited to make an oral presentation in the workshop. Accepted papers will be published in CEUR workshop proceedings. The manuscripts must be submitted through easy chair:
- Submission opens: 1 Nov 2019
- Submission deadline: 15 Dec 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 5 Jan 2020
The full-day workshop will be shaped as follows:
- 09:00 am – 09:10 am: Welcoming and introducing workshop objectives and activities.
- 09:10 am – 09:20 am: Presentation of the LALA project for the application of Learning Analytics in Latin America
- 09:20 am – 09:45 am: Presentation of the LALA framework for the adoption of Learning Analytics in Latin America
- 09:45 am – 10:10 am: Presentation of the adaptation of some learning analytics tools in Latin America.
- 10:10 am – 10:30 am: Overview of some pilots for using Learning Analytics in Latin America.
- 10:30 am – 11:00 pm: Coffee Break (30 minutes)
- 11:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Presentation of papers from the open call for papers.
- 12:30 pm – 01:30 pm: Lunch time
- 01:30 pm – 03:30 pm: Presentation of papers from the open call for papers.
- 03:30 pm – 04:00 pm: Presentation of the existing community of Learning Analytics in Latin America.
- 04:00 pm – 05:00 pm: Discussion and networking
- Pedro J. Muñoz-Merino, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Carlos Delgado Kloos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Yi-Shan Tsai, The University of Edinburgh
- Dragan Gasevic, Monash University
- Katrien Verbert, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Mar Perez-Sanagustin, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Isabel Hilliger, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Miguel Ángel Zúñiga Prieto, Universidad de Cuenca
- Margarita Ortiz, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (ESPOL)
- Eliana Scheihing, Universidad Austral de Chile