VI4LA’s goal is to bring together experts from the areas of Learning Analytics (LA), Educational Data Mining (EDM), Visual Analytics (VA) and Information Visualization (InfoVis) to discuss the understanding of educational phenomena through interactive visualization techniques and tools. The workshop will provide a space to share research experiences in the use of visual computational tools and methods for the study of data generated in academic contexts. We aim to build a community of researchers to share and better understand lessons learned, challenges and opportunities in this space.
- Submission deadline: March 23rd, 2020
- Notification to authors: April 13th, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: April 27th, 2020
Time for deadlines is “anywhere on Earth”. Submissions are done via Easychair.
- Academic performance prediction
- Course recommendations
- Dropout prediction/warning
- Explainable Learning Analytics
- Instructional Design
- Supporting academic advising/counseling
- Understanding of learning paths
This workshop is supported by the LALA project (Erasmus+ program of European Commission). The LALA (Learning Analytics Latin America) project aims to build the local capacity to design, implement and use Learning Analytics tools in Latin America Higher Education Institutions (HEI), with the aid of European Universities, to provide a powerful tool to solve any problem where academic data analysis is necessary.